Welcome to data.louisvilleky.gov
Louisville Metro Government is committed to increasing the openness and transparency of city government. This new & improved site is helping with our goal by providing anytime access and views into the very latest city data in an easy to use format.
We’ve completely changed the look of our data portal to serve you better. It now features the most popular data sets for download in an improved interface, with more options to view, sort and filter. That’s great for anyone wanting to see city data, and for IT developers wanting to build apps or online tools in creative new ways using city data.
This site shares a consistent and familiar look and feel to the federal government’s data.gov site and offers the following:
- Raw data sets for city expenditures, employee salaries, board members, park locations and amenities, animal services population results, news and calendar events and links to other sites with useful data and maps
- Fast data delivery
- The most accurate data with automatic uploading eliminating manual processes
- Published data sources via API that can be exposed with metadata and filtering views giving IT developers more flexibility in how they can use the data
- Cost savings as the site was built in-house without the cost of using an outside vendor which helps city government save on data maintenance and publishing
- Responsive design to scale to iPads, tablets, and smart phones
This new data portal represents another project from the city’s IT department utilizing Drupal, an open source content management system. If you have questions about this portal or are an IT developer and have questions about using our data, please contact us.